* * * * * Free piglix.com Launch Promotions * * * * *
Free Ads! if you are a small business with annual revenues of less than $1M - piglix.com will place your ads free of charge for up to one year! ... read more
$2,000 in free prizes! piglix.com is giving away ten (10) Meccano Erector sets, retail at $200 each, that build a motorized Ferris Wheel (or one of 22 other models) ... see details
1930 in science
The year 1930 in science and technology involved some significant events, listed below.
- January 9 – Jacob T. Schwartz (died 2009), American mathematician and professor of computer science at the New York University Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
- January 13 – Harold Furth (died 2002), Austrian-born expert in plasma physics and nuclear fusion.
- January 20 – Buzz Aldrin, American astronaut, lunar module pilot on Apollo 11.
- February 23 – Goro Shimura, Japanese mathematician.
- February 28 – Leon Cooper, American physicist and Nobel Prize winner.
- March 15 – Martin Karplus, Austrian-born theoretical chemist and Nobel Prize winner.
- April 9 – Nathaniel Branden (died 2014), Canadian American psychotherapist.
- April 16 – Louis Herman (died 2016), American marine biologist, investigator in animal communication.
- April 20 – Gordon Hamilton Fairley (killed 1975), British oncologist.
- May 9 – Susan Leeman, American neuroendocrinologist.
- May 11 – Edsger W. Dijkstra (died 2002), Dutch computer scientist.
- June 2 – Pete Conrad (died 1999), American astronaut.
- June 22 – Yury Artyukhin (died 1998), Soviet Russian cosmonaut.
- June 28 – William C. Campbell, Irish-born parasitologist and Nobel Prize winner.
- August 5 – Neil Armstrong (died 2012), American astronaut, first person to walk on the Moon.
- August 7 – Joe Farman (died 2013), British geophysicist working for the British Antarctic Survey.
- September 12 – Akira Suzuki, Japanese chemist and Nobel Prize winner.
- October 10 – Yves Chauvin (died 2015), Belgian-born chemist and Nobel Prize winner.
- October 17 – Dr. Robert Atkins (died 2003), American nutritionist.
- November 11 – Mildred Dresselhaus, née Spiewak (died 2017), American nanotechnologist.
- November 14 – Ed White (died in training accident 1967), American astronaut.
- December 30 – Tu Youyou, Chinese pharmaceutical chemist and Nobel Prize winner.
1,000 EXTRA POINTS!
Don't forget! that as one of our early users, you are eligible to receive the 1,000 point bonus as soon as you have created five (5) acceptable piglix.