* * * * * Free piglix.com Launch Promotions * * * * *
Free Ads! if you are a small business with annual revenues of less than $1M - piglix.com will place your ads free of charge for up to one year! ... read more
$2,000 in free prizes! piglix.com is giving away ten (10) Meccano Erector sets, retail at $200 each, that build a motorized Ferris Wheel (or one of 22 other models) ... see details
List of works on Waldorf education
This is a list of works on Waldorf education by authors other than Rudolf Steiner. See also this List of Rudolf Steiner's works on education.
Works on Waldorf education include:
- Aeppli, W., The Developing Child: Sense and nonsense in education, Anthroposophic Press, 2001, ISBN
- Armon, J. (1997). "The Waldorf Curriculum as a Framework for Moral Education: One dimension of a fourfold system", Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association (AERA), Chicago.
- Astley, K., and Jackson, P. (2000). "Doubts on Spirituality: Interpreting Waldorf ritual" in International Journal of Children's Spirituality, 5(2), 221-227.
- Bärtges, Carol Ann, and Lyons, Nick, Educating as an Art: Essays on Waldorf education, Rudolf Steiner School, New York, NY, 2003, ISBN
- Benians, John, Insights into child development: A study in child development based on the work of Dr. Rudolf Steiner, Mercury Press, 1990, ISBN
- Blunt, Richard, Waldorf Education. Theory and Practice: A background to the educational thought of Rudolf Steiner, Novalis Press, Cape Town, 1995, ISBN
- Clouder, Christopher, and Rawson, Martyn, Waldorf Education, Floris Books, 2003, ISBN
- Coulter, D.J. (Summer 1991). "Montessori and Steiner: A Pattern of Reverse Symmetries". Holistic Education Review. 4(2), 30-32.
- Cox, M.V., and Rolands, A. (2000). "The Effect of Three Different Educational Approaches on Children’s Drawing Ability: Steiner, Montessori and Traditional". British Journal of Educational Psychology, 70, 485-503.
- Cusick, Lois, Waldorf Parenting Handbook: Useful information on child development & education from anthroposophical sources, St. George Publications, 1984, ISBN
- Easton F. (Spring 1997). "Educating the Whole Child, 'Head, Heart, and Hands': Learning from the Waldorf Experience". Theory into Practice, 36(2), 87-94.
- Edmonds, Francis, and Barton, Matthew, An Introduction to Steiner Education: the Waldorf school, Sophia Books, 2004, ISBN
- Edwards, Carolyn Pope (2002). "Three Approaches from Europe: Waldorf, Montessori, and Reggio Emilia", Early Childhood Research & Practice, 4(1). Link
- Fenner, Pamela J., and Rivers, Karen L., Waldorf Education: A Family Guide, Michaelmas Press, 1995, ISBN
- Gardner, John F., Education in Search of the Spirit: Essays on American Education, Anthroposophic Press, 1996, ISBN
- Gilbert, Harlan, At the Source: the Incarnation of the Child and the Development of a Modern Pedagogy, Association of Waldorf Schools of North America, Fair Oaks, 2005.
- Ginsburg I.H. (Winter 1982). "Jean Piaget and Rudolf Steiner: Stages of Child Development and Implications for Pedagogy". Teachers College Record, 84(2), 327-37.
- Gloeckler, Michaela, A Healing Education, Rudolf Steiner College Press, Fair Oaks, 1989, ISBN
- Hansmann, Otto, Pro und contra Waldorfpädagogik. Akademische Pädagogik in der Auseinandersetzung mit der Rudolf-Steiner-Pädagogik (For and Against Waldorf Education. Academic Education compared with Rudolf Steiner Education), Königshausen & Neumann, Würzburg, 1987, ISBN
- Harwood, A.C., The Recovery of Man in Childhood: A study of the educational work of Rudolf Steiner, Myrin Institute, 2001, ISBN
- Harwood, A.C., The Way of A Child, Sophia Books, 1997, ISBN
- Koepke, Hermann, Encountering the Self: Transformation & destiny in the ninth year, Anthroposophic Press, Hudson, NY, 1989, ISBN
- Masters, Brien, Adventures in Steiner Education: An introduction to the Waldorf approach, Sophia Books, 2005, ISBN
- McDermott, R. (1992). "Waldorf Education in America: A promise and its problems", Re-vision, 15(2), 84-86.
- McDermott, R., Henry, M.E., and Dillard, C.B. (1996). "Waldorf education in an inner-city public school", The Urban Review, 28, 119-40.
- Mitchell, David, Waldorf Education: An Annotated Bibliography, Association of Waldorf Schools of North America Publications, 1997, ISBN
- Nicholson, D.W. (2000). "Layers of Experience: forms of representation in a Waldorf school classroom", Journal of Curriculum Studies, 32(4), 575-587.
- Nobel, Agnes, Educating through Art: The Steiner School Approach, Floris Books, 1996, ISBN
- Oberman, I. (1997). "The mystery of Waldorf: A turn-of-the- century German experiment on today’s American soil". Annual Meeting of the American Education Research Association (AERA), Chicago, 1997.
- Oberman, I. (1999). Fidelity and flexibility in Waldorf education, 1919-1998, Doctor of Philosophy Dissertation, Stanford University.
- Ogletree, E.J. (1996). The Comparative Status of the Creative Thinking Ability of Waldorf Education Students: A Survey. Link
- Ogletree, E.J. (1997). Waldorf Education: Theory of Child Development and Teaching Methods. Link
- Ogletree, E.J. (1998). International Survey of the Status of Waldorf Schools. Link
- Okumoto, Yoko (1999). An alternative possibility of identity development: A discussion of Rudolf Steiner and Waldorf Education, Master of Arts Thesis, McGill University (Canada).
- Petrash, Jack (2002). Understanding Waldorf Education: Teaching from the inside out, Gryphon House, 2002, ISBN
- Querido, René, Creativity in Education: The Waldorf approach, Hs Dakin Company, 1987, ISBN
- Querido, René, The Esoteric Background of Waldorf Education, Rudolf Steiner College Press, 1995, ISBN
- Ruenzel, David (2001). "The spirit of Waldorf education" in Education Week, 20(41), 38-45.
- Spock, Marjorie, Teaching as a Lively Art, Anthroposophic Press, 1985, ISBN
- Uhrmacher, P.B. (1995). "Uncommon schooling: a historical look at Rudolf Steiner, anthroposophy, and Waldorf education." in Curriculum Inquiry, 25, 381-406.
- Weary, B.F. (2000). Perceptions of looping addressing the academic and social needs of children: Waldorf education and public schools, Doctor of Education Dissertation, Temple University.
- Wilkinson, R. (1996). The Spiritual Basis of Steiner Education, Sophia Books, London, 1996, ISBN
1,000 EXTRA POINTS!
Don't forget! that as one of our early users, you are eligible to receive the 1,000 point bonus as soon as you have created five (5) acceptable piglix.