* * * * * Free piglix.com Launch Promotions * * * * *
Free Ads! if you are a small business with annual revenues of less than $1M - piglix.com will place your ads free of charge for up to one year! ... read more
$2,000 in free prizes! piglix.com is giving away ten (10) Meccano Erector sets, retail at $200 each, that build a motorized Ferris Wheel (or one of 22 other models) ... see details
Blueprint Education is a non-profit organization located in Glendale, Arizona providing distance learning, curriculum design, and alternative education to students and schools in all 50 states and 20 countries around the world. Founded in 1969, Blueprint Education first offered correspondence learning to migrant worker families in Maricopa County, Arizona.
Blueprint Education offers middle and high school courses that are compatible in content to traditional schools in the United States. Students may take courses either to make up classes or to accelerate the educational process in order to graduate early. Each student learns at his or her own pace through an open-entry/open-exit system.
In 1994, Blueprint Education created a partnership with school districts to extend their students educational needs through alternative methods of learning. Kids at Hope academies serves 20 districts, 60 schools for children grades 4 through 12 in Phoenix, Arizona.
Arizona State University (Baker & Martinez 1999) evaluated the effectiveness of the Kids at Hope Program enhancements. Almost 2,000 students studied. Statistically significant results demonstrated Kids at Hope positively influenced two success factors; identifying interested caring adults and feeling a sense of acceptance and belonging. Other scales also showed promise including: reporting better grades and participating in extracurricular activities.
Curriculum is designed specifically to work around students lives offering 250 courses for grades 7 through 12, allowing learners to work at their own pace and on their own schedule. Distance Learning courses are fully accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation and accepted by schools and colleges worldwide.
- The Curriculum Director oversees the curriculum process on alignment issues as well as course updates and revisions.
- The Student Service Director provides the logistics and service for students. This director is instrumental in organizing efficiently and effectively service for students, parents and counselors and provides guidance for issues once students are enrolled.
- The Academic Director is a key role in the transcripts verifications and issuance as well as a liaison between students and teachers. They provide the experience and knowledge when it comes to translating academic content into accredited curriculum.
- The Marketing Director creates the organizations image, builds public relations and partnership ensuring that the appropriate message is relayed to the general public and potential clients.
- The Information Technology Director deals with the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and retrieve information.
- Private Pay Enrollments: Students pay private tuition for Print Based (PB) and Self Paced Internet (SPI) catalog courses. Enrollment is open entry and self paced for grades 7-12. Standard and College Prep Diplomas are available.
- Catalog Course Enrollments: Blueprint Education provides institutions (client) access to existing courses (PB or SPI). The institution provides instruction and facilitation in accordance with Blueprint Education guidelines. Upon notification of successful completion from the instructor, a credit is earned and transcript delivered.
- Custom High School Course Enrollments: Blueprint Education aligns the institution's (client) educational activities to high school credit. A Blueprint Education instructor grades the material. Upon successful completion, credit(s) is granted and a Blueprint Education transcript is delivered. The count is based on student enrollment.
- Custom College Course Enrollments: Blueprint Education aligns the institution's (client) educational activities to a college approved course. A Blueprint Education instructor grades the material. Upon successful completion, the college is notified and according to prior agreement, the college issues the appropriate grade and transcript.
- Hope High School Online: In 2003, Hope High School Online opened as one of the seven selected virtual schools approved by the Arizona State Board of Charter Schools. Hope High School Online serves students in ninth through twelfth grades.
- Hope High School: Located in Southwest Phoenix, Hope High School is a tuition-free charter high school where students seek small, self-paced learning. Students are gifted learners or new to the West Phoenix, who are teen parents, or working part-time or full-time, or transferring from other schools.
- Blueprint High School: Located in Chandler, Blueprint High School is a tuition-free charter high school.
1,000 EXTRA POINTS!
Don't forget! that as one of our early users, you are eligible to receive the 1,000 point bonus as soon as you have created five (5) acceptable piglix.